Friday, May 2, 2014

Wrecked (Wrecked #1) by Priscilla West


Wrecked (Wrecked #1)
by Priscilla West
Publisher: Blackbird Publishing
Release Date: December 11th 2013
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg

Synopsis:

“There would be no happy ending for us. He was too damaged. I was too broken.”

Two years ago, Lorrie’s mother was murdered. But that wasn’t the end of it. Reeling from the tragedy, Lorrie’s father spiraled into alcohol, depression, and finally suicide.

The two most important people in Lorrie’s life are both gone but she’s still alive.

Trying to recover from the tragedy, Lorrie returns to campus, ready to pick up the pieces of her life. All Lorrie wants is to get back to “normal.”

Then she meets Hunter. The man, the legend, “the Hammer.”

Hunter is a cage fighter who takes on every fight like he’s got nothing to lose. His life is a tangled mess of girls, booze, and fist fights. And while it may seem like he’s got a devil-may-care attitude, he’s fighting a private cage-match with a monster he can’t defeat.

Lorrie knows that Hunter is the exact type of guy she should stay away from, especially in her fragile state, but Hunter has other ideas.

As Hunter and Lorrie grow closer together, will they be able to overcome their pain and heal each other? Or will they both end up wrecked?


Wrecked is definitely a change into my new adult stories. This is all about being broken and find someone to love. Since this was a huge change into my usual reading topic, I needed a few days after finally coming down with my review.

The story starts in a weird way for me and I kept thinking in the first chapters that the main character make no-sense. She leaves Hunter's house without saying goodbye, she keeps avoiding him and keeps making some bad decisions. I couldn't relate with her. 
However, as the story keeps going, it picks up pace and it find myself fully drawn into the story. And their relationship starts to have the interesting and juicy factor I was expecting when I started this book.

I think my favorite part is when they "accidentally" find themselves tangled to one another and when the very hot and sexy part of the story starts to flow. I loved those scenes and the romance between the two main characters. However, making honor to the tittle, their fairy-tale wrecks. Something's revealed and there's a lot of drama going on that ends up leaving the reader with a almost unbelievable cliffhanger and thinking that this must be a joke and that "the e-reader must be broken, 'cause the story can't end up like this".

For my taste, I think there was a lot of drama going on and that make me feel kind of depressed. I think that's why I couldn't put more than three starts. I'm still one of those readers waiting for a happy ending and birds singing in the background. And after all the drama and bad luck in this story? I thought the two main characters deserved it. Although, this leaves the ending perfectly open for a second book in which I will definitely give it a try and see if these two broken lovers can finally find their happy ending after all.




 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg


Priscilla West is the author of the Sandstone Affair and the Surrender series. She likes to write stories with sassy heroines and strong but flawed heroes.

She enjoys: cuddles, men in suits, eskimo kisses, life-sized teddy bears, and eggs over medium.



No comments:

Post a Comment