Monday, February 3, 2014

The Long Game (American Gypsy #1) by J.L. Fynn


The Long Game (American Gypsy #1)
by J.L. Fynn
Publisher: CreateSpace
Release Date: October 7th 2013
Rate: Average

Synopsis:

Smooth talking. Ambitious. Loyal. Twenty-year-old Shay Reilly has proven himself to his Irish-American Gypsy clan on small-scale cons, but now the clan leader has a bigger mission for him: playing the long game. To rake in the big score he's after, he needs to con co-ed Spencer into falling in love with him. He knows he should see Spencer as a mere means to an end, but that's easier said than done when there's a witty, attractive girl in your arms. Now the only thing that can keep them apart is the thing that brought them together: Shay's plans of revenge against someone who wronged his clan and family years before-Spencer's father.


I started this series because I received an ARC of The Waiting Game, so the fair thing to do was to start in the beginning.
The Long Game is a New Adult romance where not only loyalties are tested, but also the love between the two main characters. It's one of those quick stories that you simply enjoy and that you know you're gonna give a shot to the following books in the series.

What I like about this series is the american gypsy the authors bring to the whole story. Not only the main character is living in a clan that has become his family and friends, but he owes them his loyalty and to prove it he goes on a mission that makes him fall in love with the girl of the man he has to steal. 
The Irish travelers is definitely what draw my opinion and what made want to keep reading was Shay's love story with Spencer. I had to know how he would try to redeem himself after Spencer discovered his dirty secret.

What I didn't quite like was the ending. It didn't felt like an ending at all. I'm still searching for the "missing" pages, 'cause I can't believe it ended so abruptly. I was expecting some sort of closure, with an open ending for Shay to do the right thing with Tommy and Spencer, but instead I found myself with what we could call a rushed ending. 
With the abrupt ending, I also felt like it was left to say a lot more about Shay and Spencer's relationship. I like how these two acted around each other and I wanted to know more about them.

Despite this, I enjoyed this story and Shay, with his gypsy charm, simply made me fall for him. There's a lot of potential in this series and I'll keep an eye for more American Gypsy. Meanwhile, you can read this story if you're a New Adult addict like me. You'll enjoy learning about Sha's Irish-American Gypsy clan and how it all turned out to be a twisted love story.






 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg



J.L. Fynn is the public face of the writing collaboration between Katherine Ernst and Chelle Bruhn. Katherine and Chelle disagree on most everything (music, food, need for punctuality), except for what's really important, which is why they've been best friends for seventeen years and writing together for three.




No comments:

Post a Comment