Saturday, April 12, 2014

Before You (Sex on the Beach) by Jenna Bennett


Before You (Sex on the Beach)
Release Date: March 4th 2014
Rate: Average

Synopsis: 
It’s all fun and games
I had a simple plan for spring break.
Sun, sand, and a hot guy. Sex on the beach, with no strings attached.
A chance to get rid of this pesky virginity once and for all.
And when I met Tyler McKenna, I thought I had it made.
Until someone gets hurt
But then girls started turning up at Key West landmarks. Girls who looked like me, but with one crucial difference: They’d all been drugged and relieved of their virginity.
The virginity I still have. The virginity Ty refuses to take.
And now I’ve begun to wonder whether there isn’t more to him than meets the eye.
Suddenly, sex on the beach doesn’t sound so good anymore...


Before You is one of the three books in the Sex On The Beach series. Jenna, Jennifer and Jen had a great idea and its shown in their books. Three friends and one spring break in Key West where they plan to have the time of their lives.

What I liked about this series is that each story is dedicated to one friend and it explains her story during the Spring Break. In Before You, Jenna Bennett explains the story of Cassie and how she ended up mixed up in a dangerous situation during her time in Key West. However, this is one of the reasons she meets Tyler McKenna, the only boy that refuses to take what others wouldn't think twice: her virginity.

As I said before, these three books are kind of entwined and each story you see glimpses of the other two. I liked that the author was truthful to this aspect and brought from time to time the other two girls into the story, matching the exact same details from their stories and adding some personal thoughts.

The main characters are Cassie and Tyler, this time. Cassie is shown as the shy girl that never risks anything and wants to be seen. She's the main character and you read this story only from her point of view, so you also get to see sneak peaks of Mackenzie's story and Quinn's story from her point of view and gives you a different perspective.
Tyler's always mysterious, but kind. You like him because you know the main character's bound to end up loving him, so you get to pass his mysterious personality and just see how nice he's all the time. Although, If I were Cassie I would have told him a few things after the third time of evasiveness in his responses. It was pretty clear that Tyler was hiding something and were two obvious options. 

To me, this story was the most different from the Sex On The Beach series. Each story is focused in a romance story, but this one gives more importance to the suspense side of the story: finding the rapist that is punishing girls who're in Key West only for Spring Break and trying to find the reason why the rapist has a special interest in the main character. I felt like the romance was not as important in this story as the other two stories and I felt kind of disappointed. 
In the end, it also felt kind of rushed everything and I was expecting some kind of explanation from Ty, but it never came. And it made me mad that Cassie opened her arms without that explanation. 

Despite this, the suspense part of pretty intense and kept you doubting all the time of your decision of the bad guy. I had three possible rapists in my list, but when the main characters discovered something new it made me doubt. Although, there was one character that always was in the list and ended up being the bad guy. 

If you like romance stories with a suspense side on it, this could your story. I had a rough time 'cause I was expecting more romance than suspense, but I'm sure that If you don't mind this you'd really like Before You. 



 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg


Jenna Bennett writes the USA Today bestselling Cutthroat Business mysteries featuring Southern Belle and new-minted real estate agent Savannah Martin in Nashville, Tennessee.

As Jennie Bentley, she writes the New York Times bestselling Do-It-Yourself Home Renovation mysteries from Berkley Prime Crime, featuring designer and amateur sleuth Avery Baker and her boyfriend, handyman Derek Ellis, who renovate houses in Waterfield, Maine. 

She also writes a variety of romance for a change of pace. Aka Jennie Bentley.



No comments:

Post a Comment