Saturday, May 10, 2014

Fight For You by Magan Vernon



Fight For You
by Magan Vernon
Publisher: Beautifully Broken Books
Release Date: April 11th 2014
Rate: Ok (2 stars)

Synopsis:

A mafia prince who doesn't want the crown.
A girl who has secrets of her own.
One love that they'll both have to fight for.

Nicky Ragusa lives his life inside the cage, circuiting the underground ring to escape his fate as the mafia prince. When Jackie Marks crashes into his life, he’ll take the fight outside the cage.

But the battle for Jackie’s heart comes with a steep price. Nicky’s father has wanted him to take over the family business for years, and the time for running is over. Now Nicky is right where his father has always wanted him: in the middle of a war.

All Nicky has ever wanted to do was fight. Now all he has to do is fight for her.


I love Magan Vernon's books, so when I saw Fight For You I knew I had to read it. This book has a hot quick romance, a fighter, the mafia and a girl with character. And a lovely and promising cover!

I didn't "click" with this book. Everything happens so fast, like lightning fast, that there's no time for the reader to truly connect with the main character. In the firsts chapters the main character, Nicky, and Jackie are already kind of a couple? 
Insta-love sometimes is hard to believe, but with time and a good plot you can make an enjoyable read. However, in Fight For You what didn't make me believe their relationship was that Nicky, the mafia prince, had this "obsession" with Jackie. At least, that's what I called it. He sees her, follows her (stalker mode), hits her with his car and pays for his medical bills plus a new motorcycle. And He's already in love. I couldn't connect with this couple and I think it was one of the main reasons that made me quit the reading. I thought this would be a heart-stopping romance, but to me Nicky and Jackie's relationship seemed to be more a lust-relationship than one out of love. Even insta-love. 

I'm not saying that you should not read this book, simply saying the impression it gave me. And remember that we cannot always like the same books and what I like you might not and the other way around. So if you think this book could be a story you might enjoy, give it a try. You might enjoy it.
I'm sorry this book was not made for me, but thank you to the author for sharing her new story with us, readers. I'll keep an eye for more of her books.




 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg


She is a Young Adult and New Adult writer who lives with her family in the insurance capital of the world. She is in a very serious, fake relationship with Adam Lambert and constantly asks her husband to wear guyliner. He still refuses. She also believes her husband is secretly an alien, disguised as a southern gentleman.



No comments:

Post a Comment