Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Finding My Way (The Beaumont Series #4) by Heidi McLaughlin




Finding My Way (The Beaumont Series #4)
by Heidi McLaughlin
Release Date: April 14th 2014
Rate: Enjoyed it (4 stars)

Synopsis:

Liam Westbury has the world at his feet. He’s the quintessential golden boy. He’s the superstar quarterback for Beaumont High. His girl, Josie, is head cheerleader. He has his choice of colleges just waiting for him. Except he’s suffocating from all the pressure he’s under and no one understands.

Liam Page is the heartthrob he never wanted to be. He’s successful, smart and in demand by record companies and his adoring fans. Music is his passion, his love, but something’s missing. His nights are lonely and he longs for the girl he left behind. Seeing her in every face in the crowd haunts him with the knowledge that she hates him. Going home has never been an option until now.

Be there when Liam Westbury becomes Liam Page and follow the highs and lows of the Quarterback turned Rockstar as he finds a way back to Beaumont in this prequel to Forever My Girl.


After reading the Beaumont series, specially Forever My Girl, it seemed that there was so much left to say about Liam's story that it needed this book. I think a lot of fans of the series might I agree with me that this is definitely one of my most expected and favorite reads.

In this story we are "inside Liam's head". We see a much younger version of him, with all his vulnerabilities and struggling to truly understands what he wants for him, while telling us fans once more what it means to be in love, specially the kind of love Josie and Liam have for one another. 
It pained me to read about him struggling to find himself and what he truly liked and that no one seemed to actually see what he truly enjoyed. 
Moreover, for those who were wondering what kind of relationship Liam had with Mason before the awful news he receives in Forever My Girl, this is also your book. You get to understand all the emotions poured into the first book that lead Liam back to Beaumont. Their shared a beautiful and true friendship and this is also one of main reasons I wanted to read the book, too. 

They say the choices we make defines us and that's what this book is all about: how Liam Westbury became Liam Page. All the decisions he made, the happy and painful ones all in a book. I truly think this is the best tribute the author could have given hot, sexy and lovable Liam and this is definitely a book I recommend to all Beaumont fans!






“Man, what happened to you last night?” I smirk and give a sideways glance. Last night isn’t something I want to talk about with my grandma within earshot.

“It’s okay, Liam. I’ll go and find Trixie.”

My eyes bulge out and my mouth drops open. “W-what?”

Grandma pats my cheek and smiles coyly. “Metro has been around for a long time, Liam. Your grandfather used to play here when it was a jazz bar. Trixie’s grandfather used to own it and he’s passed it down. I know my way around here. I was a groupie once too, you know.”


 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg


Heidi is the author of USA Today, Digital Book World, Amazon and Barnes & Noble Bestselling novel, Forever My Girl

Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband and two daughters. Also renting space in their home is an over-hyper Beagle/Jack Russell and two Parakeets.

During the day Heidi is behind a desk talking about Land Use. At night, she's writing one of the many stories planned for release or sitting court-side during either daughter's basketball games.


Win a $100 Amazon Gift Card or one of two $50 Gift Cards





No comments:

Post a Comment