Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon : Mini-challenge #2 Book Valentines


Book Addicts! After the first Mini-Challenge from the 2015 Book Blogger Love-A-Thon, another one is coming! And this time is about showing love for a book guy or girl in any way. As you may know I have a long, long, long list of book boyfriends, so it was difficult to just pick one.

I ended up picking up a book I have recently read: Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole. I have a huge crush on Aric and Jack and I can't seem to decide between these two, so I'm still #TeamFence since I read the second book. 

THE ROMANCE
Aric or also known as Death can definitely be scary and badass. I would definitely be afraid of him if I was one of the other Arcana cards. However, this fierce and deadly exterior is what makes it not credible that the Death card can have a soft spot in his heart. But he does! And when he brings out all his charm I can assure you is fierce and panty melting! Way to win a reader's heart, Endless Knight ;)

However, Jack also has his romantic side. He was Evie's first love and it's hard to forget that even if the pull to Death is strong and share a unique bond. He's had a messed up live and he couldn't stop taunting Evie, but when he open his heart he truly know how to win a girl. And with those French love sentences no less! 


THE SYMBOLS
While Aric is the Death card, deadly, heartless and ruthless, Jack is now the symbol of the revolution, the boy that will lead armies to get a better future. You would think, well, then let's pick Jack because he's the "good" guy, right? Not that easy Book Addicts! Not that easy...


THE LOVE TRIANGLE
This love triangle is one of my favorite love triangles of all times. The main character should be choosing between the bad guy and the good guy if we only take into account what their names and what they are, but everything's what it seems to be. 

The author has created a special bond between Aric and Evie that only someone who's an Arcana would understand. They are destined to be together and to kill each other. Shakespeare would be proud of their relationship. Meanwhile, Jack and Evie are the perfect representation of first love, of what could've been but never was until the apocalypse happened. Their love story is one that readers will surely swoon over and resist to let it go, even with Aric in full charm.


THE PAST
The character's past really gave a punch right in the feels. It was difficult not feel for Aric when he told us that what he was killed his whole family. He was just a scared boy, didn't know what was happening and ended up alone and with the guilt of being the cause of his parents' death. Plus, it must be really difficult and lonely to live that long without being able to touch anyone. Aric I cried reading your story!


Then we have Jack's past. Although it's not quite like Aric's, he's had a bad childhood. Being born in the wrong side of the bayou has not helped him and he drinks from time to time to forget the pain of the past. Moreover, losing his half-sister to The Lovers, in such a painful way, did not help at all. 


THE DEAD OF WINTER ENDING
I'm not going to write any spoilers here for the ones who have not read the book yet. But the only thing I can say is that Evie finally picks a side (thing that I would not be able to do like... ever!) and when she walks to find her happily ever after, tragedy strikes. Like Oh My God are you kidding me?! And the rejected boy comes to the rescue and to promise revenge. Isn't it romantic? I hope the other one is not dead or will definitely be angry and will probably stop reading the following books. Just a friendly warning.




As a way of showing my love for the two main characters and the book, I've made my own book playlist for Dead of Winter. Hope you enjoy it.





4 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Arcana Chronicles! I'm really curious about them though, and this post has fueled the flames of that curiosity. I may just have to check it out! Enjoyed seeing your Bookish Valentine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Alexa! You really need to read them then! I have a huge crush on Jack and Aric ;) Thanks for stopping by, Alexa ;) <3

      Delete
  2. Lovely valentine! I haven't read this series yet, but I do have books 1 & 2, so I hope to give them a read soon. I am glad that you really enjoy these books, and it makes me even more excited to read them myself! Great post! :D
    Stephanie @ My Bookish Itinerary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie! I highly recommend the books because this is one of my favorite series :P Thank you so much for stopping by ;)

      Delete