Sunday, October 26, 2014

Promotional Event: Finding You (Escaping #2) by Elizabeth Lee


We're celebrating the release of FINDING YOU by Elizabeth Lee! Check out the excerpt below and fall in love with Boone! #BooneSwoon


Finding You (Escaping #2)
Release Date: October 7th 2014
Age Group: NA
Genre: Contemporary Romance
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg

Synopsis:

Being the wild child has worked for Mallory Vandaveer for most of her life. She's the good time girl, up for anything--and everyone in her small town knows it. But when her sister came home after years of being away, long hidden secrets came out.

Turns out, Mallory isn't who she thought she was. And now everything starts to feel like a lie. In order to figure out who she is she'll have to set out on a journey to find the one man who holds the answers.

Everett Boone is in hiding. Hiding from his past and the press and the demands of a career he put on hold after tragedy struck. When a young woman with secrets of her own blows into town and rents the apartment next to his, he'll have to face the past he was trying to escape in order to understand his feelings for her.

They'll both have to dig deep inside themselves to discover whether or not they're capable of being enough for one another. Finding the person you're meant to love isn't the problem. Sometimes the hardest person to find is yourself.




by Elizabeth Lee


“Won't happen,” she stated matter-of-factly. “I'm nobody's girlfriend.”

Channeling my inner wild child, Mallory, was so much fun. She's spunky and independent, which I love in a heroine. 


I felt my knees wobble as the corners of her lips turned up into a smile. I wanted to blame it on the rickety fire escape [I was standing on], but I knew it was a whole lot more about the girl I was looking at then I cared to admit.

I always love writing the moment when a guy realizes that he's falling for a girl—when the physical becomes emotional.


I wasn't sure if I was even capable of being someone's girlfriend. Sure, I liked not being alone and the sex was a plus, but I knew my heart couldn't stand another blow. I couldn't risk what would happen if I wasn't capable of being loved.

Mallory always appears to be the tough girl, but there's a reason she is so guarded.







When I'm not writing or playing the part of wife and mother, you can find me dancing back-up for Beyonce, singing back-up for Miranda, or sunning myself on the beach with a drink in hand. Here's the thing about being born and raised in a small town—you have a very vivid imagination! Now, I channel it all to create stories where the girl always ends up with the right guy, first kisses are magical, and a happy ending is just that!


No comments:

Post a Comment