Friday, February 14, 2014

Top 10 Romantic Moments in TV/Movies



Who doesn't love romantic moments? We are addicted to those moments in our readings and you are anxiously waiting for them to happen. But today I wanted something more visual. It came up to my mind those romantic moments in TV or Movies and I thought it would be fun to search for a top ten of those special moments.



Damon and Elena first REAL kiss. I am a devoted fan of Damon and Elena (Sorry Stelena fans!) and I knew since the first episode that Damon and Elena were meant to be together. Plus I have a thing for bad boys and specially for those who look like Ian Somerhalder. 
It's true that they had a moment when Elena thought Damon was dying, but it was like a goodbye kiss. Not a passionate, I-can't-live-without-you, mind-blowing kiss that we all know Damon is capable of giving. So when it happened, all fans were cheering, clapping, crying and saying "About Time!". And we all prayed for the writers to not screw it up. Still waiting for it to happen.



I've never expected to find in a Disney movie the perfect swoony and romantic moment, but I did. Tangled is one of my favorite Disney movies and not only for the romantic moments, but because it has some great, wonderful and funny characters that make the movie worth watching it. 
But the most swoony moment is when Rapunzel and Flynn are in the boat with all the floating lanterns in the sky. It was the perfect moments for a "Disney" kiss, but instead it was much more. It was time for the characters to think about what they wanted: Flynn wants to be more than a thief and someone worthy of Rapunzel, and Rapunzel wants more days like those with Flynn, because being free with someone you care about and love is much more magical than anything else. 


The Originals has become one of my most expected and favorite shows from all times. I can't wait to see a new episode of this amazing show. Why I love The Originals? Because everyone is evil, has done something evil or is about to do it. You don't know who do you have to hate and you are always on edge. Plus you have bad, evil Klaus Mikaelson (Joseph Morgan) and good and tormented Elijah Mikaelson (Daniel Gillies).
But the most dangerous romance is quickly happening between Elijah and Haley (the pregnant werewolf and girl that you hated while watching The Vampire Diaries and now you love after seeing her in The Originals). There hasn't happened anything yet, no kiss, no nothing, but you can almost feel the sexual tension and the love between these two.
And my very favorite moment: "I will always protect you". And my "Elijah Run" moment: 

"I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath, my wrath did end.
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not, my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears
Night and morning with my tears,
And I sunned it with smiles
And with soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright,
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine - 

And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning, glad, I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree."

A Poison Tree by William Blake


Jamie and Landon are one epic couple and one of favorite. Landon was the cool bad boy from Jamie's high school, and she was the prude and shy preacher's daughter. But their worlds collided when Landon did something stupid and they had the most romantic, painful, heart-breaking and beautiful romances that I've ever read or watch.
My favorite sentence: "Promise me you won't fall for me" (Jamie)
My crying and painful moment: "Jamie saved my life. She taught me everything. About life, hope and the long journey ahead. I'll always miss her. But our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I can feel it."


Another show that is in my most expected and favorite TV Shows list is Reign. I love the story and the characters. The setting is simple amazing and the dresses... well, let's just say that I want Mary's and her ladies' wardrobes. 
Mary and Francis were destined to be together. Their arranged marriage is not something neither of them hates, since they are madly in love with one another since they were kids. You simply love them. They have a huge responsibility: one being the queen of Scotland and the other being the future king of France, and when they marry someone they need to do it in order to benefit their country, and not thinking about love and who their heart desires. So their unfair fate and their doomed love is something that captives you to be Team Francis.

"Francis: Love is irrelevant to people like us."


On the other hand, we have Sebastian "Bash". He's the kings bastard and Francis half-brother. They are like the moon and the sun. One with dark hair, the other with blond hair. One is known to be the handsome one, the other the future king of France. One is the king's bastard, the other the heir of the french court. 
I simply love Bash. He's sweet, noble and has some strong feelings for Mary that he cannot longer deny. He also feels the "pull" Mary seems to inflict to the male population and he does things for Mary, details, that Francis does not. 

"Bash: Francis has you. Why would he look elsewhere?
(Kiss)
Mary: I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that.
Bash: You're right. I should have.
(Another Kiss)"


"Bash: Mary I've thought about what you said. I've never wanted a crown. If that's my fate, I'll accept it. I'll learn to wear it. But you need to know something. I'm not Francis. My duty will never be to some country, some land, some throne. If I marry to you, you'll be my family. I'll be in it for you and only you. And if that's not what proper Kings do..."

As you can see, I am completely torn between this two handsome and powerful men. Although, right now, Bash is winning.

My "It Was About Time" couple is, without doubt, Peeta Mellark and Katniss Everdeen. I'm not talking about their moment in the Hunger Games, I'm talking about Catching Fire. In the beach, when Peeta gives the pearl to Katniss it was the perfect moment to kiss him. But nothing happens because they have public (apart from the televised Hunger Games). 
However they have an epic moment and, to me, one of the most romantic moments when they are also in the beach, alone, and Katniss kisses Peeta. But this time is different. She didn't do it because of the role she's playing in The Hunger Games with them being a couple, her "pregnancy" and being their "wedding" plans. She kisses Peeta because she wanted to and because she chose him. She knows she cares about him and deep down, she knows she feels something for him more than friendship and survival instincts. She's risking her life for him and in that moment she understands why.

“You know, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him.”


I don't know if you guys remember this show, but Greek was one of my favorite shows. I loved Cappie and still do. I had a huge crush on him and couldn't believe that Casey chose Evan (Whaaat?). But then Greek happens. College, life... and after some "now we are a couple", "now we don't", "now we hate each other", "now we secretly love each other and not so secretly a palpable sexual tension" FINALLY they end up together. And thank God the show ended 'cause I couldn't bear having to see these two break up, AGAIN. 
I think that Casey, even she had to think it over four seasons of the show, she made the right choice choosing Cappie (Sorry, Evan fans!). And one of my favorite funny moments between these two:

"Casey: You know Cap I hope I didn't hurt you when I ended things.
Cappie: Who said it's over?"

And the reason why I loved Cappie over Evan? It was not only because of the actor, but because of the character. He's funny, irresponsible and his love for Casey looks more pure, honest and true than Evan's. 

"Cappie: [when asked what he associates with the sound of a baby crying] Evan Chambers losing his allowance."


Being in love with moody, feminist and dangerous Kat Stratford is not easy. At least, it wasn't for Patrick Verona, the school scary bad boy. Their moments were epic and ones that we keep remembering every time we watch the cover of this movie. 
I loved Kat because she had an opinion for everything and although she used to act like the cool, "I-don't-give-a-crap-what-you-think" way, deep down, she cared. For her sister and, finally, for Patrick.

"Romantic? Hemingway? He was an abusive, alcoholic misogynist who squandered half of his life hanging around Picasso trying to nail his leftovers."

And Patrick... well, he had me since the first time I saw him playing with a Bunsen burner. But seeing him singing to Kat "Can't Take my Eyes off of you".

"It's not everyday you find a girl who'll flash someone to get you out of detention."

With a funny touch, these two share some amazing and romantic moments that made me buy the movie and see it a dozen million times!

"I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair.
I hate the way you drive my car, I hate it when you stare.
I hate your big, dumb combat boots and the way you read my mind.
I hate you so much it makes me sick — It even makes me rhyme.
I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie.
I hate it when you make me laugh — Even worse when you make me cry.
I hate it when you're not around. And the fact that you didn't call.
But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you — Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all."

And my favorite moment of all:

"Kat: You can't just buy me a guitar every time you screw up, you know.
Patrick: Yeah, I know. But then, you know, there's always drums and bass and maybe even one day a tambourine."


True Blood has a level of hotness insuperable. But since I need to focus... I would pick Eric. Eric & Sookie, for me, are the perfect "I-Want-You-Right-Now" couple. The radiate sexual tension! Plus who can say no to that Skarsgård boy? I wouldn't!
But my favorite moment is when Sookie dreams about him. Her subconscious knows what I already knew: that she has it bad for him. And I hope that she changes her attitude in the following season and to the producers to show me some Alive Eric, I won't see the show anymore! Just saying...!


When I think about the quickest, but beautiful and most romantic relationship, I cannot help but think about Carl and Ellie from Up. In a few minutes, you get to know Carl, Ellie and their love story. It was perfect, heart-breaking and one of those stories that steals you a smile. So my favorite moment about this movie would be those first minutes when they show us their love story.


For this romantic category, I have a bunch of couples that I would like to mention, but I'd try to not make this list infinite.
Hart of Dixie is one of the shows that I follow. Although with all the mixed signals Zoe is giving me, it kind of bored me. Why the mixed signals? Well, first George, then Wade, then George again, then Jonah and now a new boyfriend plus (maybe?) Wade? Oh, come on! You cannot confuse me more, Ms. Hart! 
But my perfect pick for this undecided woman would be Jonah Breeland. Not only to piss off Lemon, but because he's handsome, funny and a doctor! Yay! Love him. And he seems to be out of the Hart drama and looks like he gets Zoe. Don't know.


Another couple that shared some good romantic and swoony moments for me was Klaus Mikaelson and Caroline Forbes in Mystic Falls (The Vampire Diaries). Deep down, Klaus is not the monster we are used to see in TVD and looks like Caroline makes him want to be a better person hybrid.
And my favorite moment and one of the most reasonable sentences I've heard while trying to convince a girl to chose you, and not another guy:

"Perhaps one day in a year or even in a century, you'll turn up at my door and you'd let me show you what the world has to offer."


And we want more than just this moment:


Another couple with a lot of potential that would make me fangirl like a crazy girl, would be Stiles and Lydia. They are one of those couples that you can see how awesome they would be together: Stiles being funny and... well, being Stiles, and Lydia being the sexy and smart girl. But that this couple, even though they have those moments when you almost see it happen, they would never be together. You just get this feeling. I hope I'm wrong!
All the scenes in Teen Wolf where Stiles is in it are my favorites, but specially one when Lydia kisses Stiles for the first time sober and without thinking of anyone else:


One of the shows that I miss is The Secret Circle and although I don't think Adam would be the perfect pick for Cassie, but their first kiss, in the woods? It was simply magical. Literally. All the drops of water floating in the sky, with the sun and the high trees made that innocent and meant to happen kiss, a magical one.




Hope you liked my list. For those bloggers who would like to do it, too, you can pick the top ten list and do your own list. And if you are not a blogger, but you want to do it, leave a comment with your picks! 
I would love to know your picks, so if you do it, please tag me on Facebook or mention me on Twitter (@TUABFC).



No comments:

Post a Comment