Monday, April 21, 2014

Blogoversary: My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #3) by Rachel Harris


Book Addicts!

We have a double celebration! We are not only celebrating our blogoversary, but Rachel's release day, because *drum roll* today's the release of My Not So Super Sweet Life, the third book in the My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century series. I am a huge fan and I can't express how excited I am about the release. And to celebrate the release of Rachel's book, we have an exclusive excerpt to share with you along with a giveaway!



My Not So Super Sweet Life (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century #3)
Publisher: Entangled: Teen
Release Date: April 21st 2014
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg

Synopsis:
Cat Crawford just wants to be normal—or at least as normal as a daughter of Hollywood royalty can be. And it looks like fate is granting her wish: she’s got an amazing boyfriend, Lucas; her fabulous cousin, Alessandra, living with her; and her dad planning his second marriage to a great future stepmom. That is, until her prodigal mother reveals on national television that she has something important to tell her daughter…causing a media frenzy.
Lucas Capelli knows his fate is to be with Cat, and he’s worked hard to win her over once and for all. Unfortunately, Lucas has his own issues to deal with, including a scandal that could take him away from the first place he’s truly belonged.
As secrets are revealed, rumors explode, and the world watches, Cat and Lucas discover it’s not fate they have to fight if they want to stay together…this time, it’s their own insecurities.
Well, and the stalkerazzi.


My Not So Super Sweet Life
by Rachel Harris

“Where are we?”
“UCLA,” Lucas replies, hopping off the bike. He slides his hands around my waist and lifts me up, and for a moment, I’m completely weightless.
That’s hot.
He sets me on my feet and takes off his helmet, shaking out his golden curls before removing mine. Caressing my hair to smooth what I’m sure is crazy helmet hair, he grins down at me with an expression bordering on vulnerable.
That’s even hotter.
“This place is important to me,” he says with a slight shrug. “I wanted to share it with you. Before my family moved back to Milan the last time, we used to live just up the road. Whenever the day was nice, Mom would pack a lunch and bring us here.”
I look around again, seeing the scenery through his young eyes. Something tugs inside my chest.
Lucas is my first real boyfriend. That makes today my first real Valentine’s Day—the first one that didn’t just involve gifts from my dad anyway. Even while excited, I’ve been nervous about tonight, too, not knowing what to expect. After debating all afternoon, I figured it would be some variation of the old movie and dinner routine.
But this?
Taking me to an important place and sharing a part of himself? That’s the stuff romantic comedies are made of…and it makes me want Lucas even more.
I didn’t think that was possible.
Lucas clears his throat. “Anyway, Mom was an artist, too. She and my dad actually met here, at UCLA. Officially, she got an accounting degree, but her minor, and her heart, was in art. She passed that on to me, I guess, by bringing me to her favorite place.” He looks toward the gnarly trees. “The Murphy Sculpture Garden.”
He shrugs again and shifts on his feet, obviously nervous, and I want to tackle him to the ground. I’m completely, 100 percent falling for this guy, and he has no clue how wonderful he is. How special. That feeling tugs my chest again, driving home the reason I’m doing this thing with my mom. Why I have to see it through. If I have any hope of becoming the kind of girl Lucas deserves, I need to get closure. When I finally say those three little words and give my heart to this beautiful boy, I want it to be whole.
Sliding my hand into his, I say honestly, “This is perfect, Luc.”
“Yeah?”
He searches my eyes with a crooked grin, and I nod. “Yeah. I couldn’t think of a better place for our date.”
That crooked grin grows until it reveals his lethal dimple. “Well then, you should know the ride and a picnic is only phase one of my plan.” A mischievous glint lights his chocolate-brown eyes. “Plenty more surprises still to come.” Squeezing my fingers, he pulls me forward until I’m standing right in front of him, and he leans down to kiss the tip of my nose. “Follow me, little badass.”




Author of fun & flirty escapes about sassy girls-next-door and the hot guys that make them swoon. I grew up in New Orleans, watching soap operas with my grandmother, and staying up late sneak-reading my mama's romance novels. Today, I still stay up late reading romances, only now I do so openly.

A Cajun cowgirl now living in Houston, I firmly believe life's problems can be solved with a hot, sugar-coated beignet or a thick slice of king cake, and that screaming at strangers for cheap, plastic beads is acceptable behavior in certain situations.

I homeschool my two beautiful girls and watch countless hours of Food Network and reality television with my amazing husband. I write YA, NA, and Adult romance and LOVE talking with readers!



Win (1) ebook copy of My Not So Super Sweet Life by Rachel Harris (INT)





3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for including me in your celebration!! You are fabulous :) Wishing you many more years of awesomeness

    xoxo
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rachel!
      Thanks to YOU for letting us have MNSSSL for our blogoversary and for having you in our blog anniversary. Thank you so much for everything and for stopping by my site :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Sorceress of the Witch World by Andre Norton

    ReplyDelete