Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Blogoversary: Interview with Kimberly Derting


Book Addicts!

I know it may sound repetitive, but today we have a fabulous author with us and I love... no, no, ADORE her books! You may know her for The Body Finder series or The Pledge series and she has a mind-blowing book coming this month! In less than two weeks! Am I the only one fangirling right know? 



Don't think so.

The taking is coming to our stores in April 29th and If I were you I wouldn't miss this! The story is amazing, mind-blowing and with lots of "WTF". I already have my pre-order ticket. And when I have it in my hands I will definitely go book-addict-crazy, smell it and re-read it. 

Aside from my book-craziness, we have an interview with Kimberly that would tell us more about this book and *drum roll* you can win a signed copy of the book! So what you have to do is read the interview and enter the giveaway. And, of course, give Kimberly some "The Taking" love ;) 

So have fun and go book-crazy!



The Taking (The Taking #1)
Publisher: Harper Teen
Release Date: April 29th, 2014
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg

Synopsis:
A flash of white light . . . and then . . . nothing. 
When sixteen-year-old Kyra Agnew wakes up behind a Dumpster at the Gas ’n’ Sip, she has no memory of how she got there. With a terrible headache and a major case of déjà vu, she heads home only to discover that five years have passed . . . yet she hasn’t aged a day. 
Everything else about Kyra’s old life is different. Her parents are divorced, her boyfriend, Austin, is in college and dating her best friend, and her dad has changed from an uptight neat-freak to a drunken conspiracy theorist who blames her five-year disappearance on little green men. 
Confused and lost, Kyra isn’t sure how to move forward unless she uncovers the truth. With Austin gone, she turns to Tyler, Austin’s annoying kid brother, who is now seventeen and who she has a sudden undeniable attraction to. As Tyler and Kyra retrace her steps from the fateful night of her disappearance, they discover strange phenomena that no one can explain, and they begin to wonder if Kyra’s father is not as crazy as he seems. There are others like her who have been taken . . . and returned. Kyra races to find an explanation and reclaim the life she once had, but what if the life she wants back is not her own?


The Taking was one of those ideas that came to me at first with just the opening scene—a girl driving home with her dad from her game (in this case it was softball)—and then out of the blue there’s a flash of light and she just ...vanishes.

From there, I had to decide what the actual story was: Where she went and why, what it would mean when she returned, and where she was while she was gone.

I love the scenes where Tyler, the boy across the street, creates chalk drawings for Kyra.


The Lightning Strike by Snow Patrol



This is always a hard question for me, mostly because I see the characters so clearly in my head before I ever try to guess which actors could play them.

I guess I could see Elle Fanning as Kyra, and maybe Brenton Thwaites for Tyler.


Check out here my dream cast for The Taking.


I just finished the second book and I’m really excited about it! There will be more conspiracies, secrets, and of course, kissing!



The Taking is mind-blowing and definitely a must read book, Book Addicts. And I can't wait for the second book! I'm dying to read more about Kyra and Tyler after the shocking and unexpected finale of the first book. And this is definitely me waiting until the next book:



The Body Finder



The Pledge






Kimberly is the author of the BODY FINDER series (HarperCollins), THE PLEDGE trilogy (Simon & Schuster), and THE TAKING trilogy (coming Summer 2014 from HarperTeen). She lives in the Pacific Northwest, the ideal place to write anything dark or creepy...a gloomy day can set the perfect mood. She lives with her husband and their three beautiful (and often mouthy) children who provide an endless source of inspiration.



Win (1) finished copy of The Taking, bookmarks and stickers (US Only)






4 comments: