Thursday, April 24, 2014

Blogoversary: Interview with Natalie D. Richards


Book Addicts!

We have another of my favorite author that you might have "meet" her through our Fantastic Flying Book Club. Natalie D. Richards is the author of Six Months Later, a YA Mystery Thriller that I simply love. 

I am beyond happy to have her in my site once again and even more for our blog anniversary. We have an interview with her and a giveaway. Have fun!



Six Months Later
Natalie Richards
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: October 1st, 2013
Read my review for Six Months Later
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg

Synopsis:

Chloe didn't think about it much when she nodded off in study hall on that sleepy summer day. But when she wakes up, snow is on the ground and she can't remember the last six months of her life. Before, she'd been a mediocre student. Now, she's on track for valedictorian and being recruited by Ivy League schools. Before, she never had a chance with super jock Blake. Now he's her boyfriend. Before, she and Maggie were inseparable. Now her best friend won't speak to her.

What happened to her?

And why can't she remember?



Hi Natalie! We are beyond happy to have you once more in our blogs and even better for our blog anniversary. Thank you so much for celebrating this event with us! :)


I can't say enough good things about the way bloggers have impacted my publishing journey. So many amazing bloggers have embraced me and supported me through this journey and of course I've read some lovely and insightful reviews about Six Months Later. Reviews are critical for writers so I'm so grateful for those who take the time to leave them.


Hermione Granger. I think she's amazing. She's initially sort of this nerdy, annoying, know-it-all, but she works hard, fights her own short-comings and becomes this truly exceptional woman. I love that her mind really is her super power. 



Way too many to think of off the top of my head! Truly, YA is full of insanely talented writers. I will say, you should take the time to read anything put out by Laurie Halse Anderson, John Green, Rainbow Rowell, Romily Bernard, and Barry Lyga, though there are certainly others to add to that list that I'm not thinking of right this second. 


Well, it's gone through a name change!! It's actually GONE TOO FAR :-)

I'm SUPER excited about this book, which is due out in January 2015. This book is chock full of morally questionable choices and explores what motivates people and how we decide what's good and what's bad. In a nutshell, it's a vigilante story about what a girl does when she finds a book of sins and has the chance to make the sinners pay. ;-)

And this would be us when we get our hands into a copy of Gone Too Far


I have no doubt that every single genre presents its own unique challenges, but thrillers can be brutal. You're constantly trying to figure out how to make everyone seem suspicious and every page electric with "what's going to happen???" which can be tough to pull through an entire 300 page manuscript. LOL! That said, I adore it and really love writing them.


Actually, no. LOL! It's so overwhelming, really. I totally prefer life behind the keyboard, because seeing my book in the stores just feels so crazy. For a long while, I was in the Top Teen Picks section in Barnes & Noble RIGHT next to Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Rainbow. Rowell. I'm such a fan, I'd probably squeal and maybe cry if she walked near me, so seeing my book next to hers? Just too nuts. ;-)


That I wouldn't feel one bit different than I did before getting published. I thought I'd know All The Things once I finally got published. Things about the industry and marketing, etc. I know nothing. Less than nothing. I don't learn things every day, I learn things every fifteen minutes. ;-)


I'm reading The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson. It's awesome, which is absolutely what I expected. :-)



Thank you so much for having me -- I can't tell you how much I love being with you guys and how happy I am for all that you've accomplished. I wish you SO MUCH success. You absolutely deserve it! :-)

She's the best! And guys, you have to read Six Months Later 'cause Natalie brings mystery and suspense to another level. I couldn't sleep until I know what truly happened to Chloe! Definitely a must read.


At seven, Natalie D. Richards wrote about Barbara Frances Bizzlefishes (who wouldn't dare do the dishes.) Now she writes about awesome girls, broody boys, and all things dark and creepy. Natalie lives in Ohio (Go Bucks!) with her techno-wiz husband, three amazing kids, and a seventy pound dust-mop who swears he's the family dog. Her psychological thriller, Six Months Later, will be released in October 1, 2013 by Sourcebooks Fire. Until then, you'll probably find her writing her next book or trying to wade through the towers of dog-eared paperbacks that have taken over her bedroom.




Win (1) signed paperback of Six Months Later, a bracelet and bookmark (US Only)





3 comments:

  1. My favorite scary movie is Scream. I don't watch them (scary movies) often, but whenever there are lots of people around I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch them often either, mostly because then I cannot sleep for over a month, more or less, so... no scary movies for me hahaha

      Delete
  2. either Cabin in the Woods or one of the earlier Final Destination movies

    ReplyDelete