Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bookish Survey: Cast an HP Spell

Created by Flip That Page


Book Addicts!
I saw this funny survey in Emily's site @ Reader Rising and I thought it would be awesome to participate, too.
Linking our Book Addiction to Spells? It's freakintastic! I loved it so much that I had to do it, although it would be really really difficult to decide for just one book sometimes.
If you want to participate too, let us know your answers!



A book with a chapter you couldn’t seem to get over: Definitely, All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill. I couldn't believe it! So heart-breaking! You need to read it to understand me. No spoilers!



A book that generally confused you: A Night To Forget by Jessica Wood. Like I said in my review, I didn't know why the main character dreams about the boy of her dreams (no explanation at all: powers, fate...?) and the ending was like a mix of "I feel really confused" and "Oh, Come On!"



A book that was a pain to read: Five Past Midnight in Bhopal by Dominique Lapierre & Javier Moro. I had to read this book for college, and guys... It's a good story, but also a painful one.
Okay, this is not the authors' fault, but the crudity of the story. It was disgusting how the rich people treated the poor population and took advantage of them with empty promises. Also the story of the main character's beyond sad. This was part of the pain, the other part of the pain was reading almost twenty pages about insects or the endless story of the chemical industry that caused the disaster in Bhopal.
Want some tip? Do not talk about insects in a book. Ever.



A feel good book that you enjoyed: Endless Knight by Kresley Cole. I wasn't supposed to love it, 'cause Death took Evie as a prisoner. But sweet hot mercy! Hello, Death *wink, wink* If you don't want Evie, here we are. Totally loved this one and made us doubt which character we love (Jack or Death). 



A book with a swoon-worthy character: Damon Salvatore from The Vampire Diaries Series by L. J. Smith. What a hot mess. Love bad boys and Damon's not an exception. But what convinced me 110% to love him even more was seeing Ian Somerhalder as Damon in the TV Show. 



A book that kept you up all night reading: This is a hard one, 'cause I have a long list of books for this spell.
To not repeat books, I would say the Burn For Burn series by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian. The first book was simply amazing. I needed to know how this high-school revenge would end up, and once I started I couldn't stop. In fact, I read the two books, Burn For Burn and Fire With Fire, the same day, and the second one blowed my mind off. Can't wait to read what's going to happen next! *fangirling*



A book that left you speechless after you read it: Vain by Fisher Amelie. Probably because I was expecting just another new adult romance story, but it turn out to be so much more. I was beyond speechless and I couldn't wait to read the second, the third... and ALL the books in The Seven Deadly series.



A book with well-developed characters: Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay. I love Stacey Jay's books, but this one blowed my mind. With an amazing plot, the characters from the Juliet Immortal's series are not only well-developed, but they change through the story. Not saying anything else for those who haven't read the books!



A book that changed your mind about a character from its prequel: Sorry, I have to repeat book. But it came to my mind so quickly that I'd feel bad to not mention it in this spell.
Without second thoughts, Aric aka Death from The Arcana Chronicles. In the first book you hate him. Who do you think you are running around leaving scars? Literally! He threatened Evie and was what you could call scary. Not to mention that being called Death is scary enough.
But then, in Endless Knight (you can deduce who's the Endless Knight here), he's a dangerous hot mess that it turned my feelings upside down and made me even question If I was truly Team Jack in this story or If I had to start doing a Team Death flag to wave while reading the third book.
So Aric, I hope you keep turning me upside down! *wink*


A book with a story you can’t remember: Some of the books in the House of Night series. It's not that I don't love them or that I forgot about the important things that happen in the series. It's just that, without reading the synopsis, you tell me the name of one of those books, for example: Tempted, and I don't exactly remember what happened in this particular title.
Hey, but I do remember the story! And I keep reading the new books ;)



A boring book that had absolutely no effect on you: The Infinite Moment Of Us by Lauren Myracle. You'll be able to read my review soon, but I think I was expecting more. She has an awesome story, perfect couple, beautiful cover and catchy and promising title, yet I finished the book and I was like "that's it?". Not what I was expecting to say after reading this book.



A book that convinced you to reconsider a certain genre: Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines. Meeting Rush made me reconsider the option of reading more New Adult books. And now I'm a New Adult Book Addict, too.



A book that made you laugh: Tricky one! Okay, so I have to choose. I say Shut Out by Kody Keplinger. It was really funny the whole hookup strike and how the boys tried to seduce the girls. 



A book that may have scarred you for life: Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann. I can't look at a classroom desk like the one in the book without remembering this story... Just saying. It was really creepy and scary.



A series finale that made you feel giddy: Back to where my Young Adult addiction started. Memorias de Idhún by Laura Gallego. This was probably the first book I read and the first series, that made me want to read more and more. And the ending? It was an EPIC one. I couldn't believe it was the end of the series and I spent almost everyday in my usual bookstore watching for Laura's fourth book. It never came. At least not for this series. 



A book that made you explode with the feels: Kill Me Softly by Sarah Cross. Not only she created a fairy-tale town with a lot of curses, but an epic and doomed love story that wasn't meant to be. At least, in the first place. This is one of the few books I wouldn't mind re-reading until I couldn't read anymore! Or also known as favorite books ;)



A book you thought you’d dislike, but ended up loving: The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey. I thought I was going to read yet ANOTHER story about aliens or a dystopian world where everything's doomed or something about zombies or scary creatures. However, it was an amazing story about aliens, survival and romance in a devastating, crude and savage dystopian world.
I know what you are thinking: ANOTHER. But no, Book Addicts, it will blow your mind! Seriously. This is a must read, not a maybe you would enjoy it. 





2 comments:

  1. HAHA nice picks! I really want to read All Our Yesterdays now, because people have been recommending it XD I loved Burn for Burn and the 5th Wave too <3 I haven't read The Infinite Moment of Us, but that's because people have been telling me not to. Haha! Anyway, awesome list and thanks again for participating :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasmine,
      You have to read All Our Yesterdays. Mind-blowing! hahaha I'm one of those people recommending this book to you ;)
      And about The Infinite Moment Of Us... Let just say that I was truly disappointed.
      I had a great time doing this survey and reading yours, too. I usually don't do this, but this one I couldn't resist. Thank you so much for stopping by and for doing such an amazing and funny bookish survey ^^

      Delete