Monday, March 24, 2014

Blogoversary: Interview with Liam Westbury


Finding My Way (The Beaumont Series #4)
by Heidi McLaughlin
Release Date: April 14th 2014

Synopsis:

Liam Westbury has the world at his feet. He’s the quintessential golden boy. He’s the superstar quarterback for Beaumont High. His girl, Josie, is head cheerleader. He has his choice of colleges just waiting for him. Except he’s suffocating from all the pressure he’s under and no one understands.

Liam Page is the heartthrob he never wanted to be. He’s successful, smart and in demand by record companies and his adoring fans. Music is his passion, his love, but something’s missing. His nights are lonely and he longs for the girl he left behind. Seeing her in every face in the crowd haunts him with the knowledge that she hates him. Going home has never been an option until now.

Be there when Liam Westbury becomes Liam Page and follow the highs and lows of the Quarterback turned Rockstar as he finds a way back to Beaumont in this prequel to Forever My Girl.



Book Addicts! We have the pleasure to have for our blogoversary Liam Westbury, the Quarterback who turned into a Rockstar, from the Beaumont series and won our hearts in Forever My Girl.


Hi Liam! Thanks for letting us interview you for our blogoversary. How have you been?

I’m doing well, thank you for having me.


We have heard that you are going to have a whole book about you, about your story. What do you think about it? Could you give us a sneak peak?

I am, at least that’s what I’ve been told. The boss lady, Heidi, she likes to keep me in suspense for the most part. She’s been calling it a memoir of sorts and I can definitely tell you that it starts the first day of senior year and ends with me finding out about Mason.


Josie must be very special if she won your heart. Can you describe her to us?

Josie, in my eyes, is perfect. The first time that I spoke to her with the intent on asking her out I knew that she was the one for me. From that moment on everything about life was done with more color and vibrancy.


If you had to pick one famous girl that looked like Josie, who would it be?

Miranda Kerr


And a famous person who would look just like you?

Stephen Amell


Back when you and Josie were teenagers, why did you fall for her? What was the thing that made you say she’s the one?

One thing, wow… I’d say the way she carried herself. She’s always stood tall and proud of who she is and where she came from. She didn’t let our different backgrounds define us, even though she offered to break-up with me because of my father, but I wouldn’t let her.


I bet you took Josie to a lot of dates back in high school. Which one was your favorite?

The drive-inn movies, of course!


How would you describe your time in Beaumont High?

Early on, it was fun. I enjoyed being there. I used to be a social person and what a better place to be social than high school. It wasn’t until the pressure started building and I started cracking did I dread the building that I had to report to daily.


What’s the difference between Liam Westbury and Liam Page?

Liam Westbury was someone who did what others wanted. He let the weight of others ride on his shoulders until he could no longer stand. Liam Page is creative, reserved, keeps to himself and finds ways to help other instead of taking on the brunt of their problems.


We want to know more about you, so we have some quick questions for you:
  • Favorite Movie? Say Anything
  • Favorite Song? Wake Up – You’ll hear it in FINDING MY WAY
  • Favorite Book? Whatever book I’m currently using to write lyrics in
  • Favorite TV Show? Can’t say we watch much TV in our house
  • Favorite Hobby? Playing my guitar & throwing the football around with Noah
  • Favorite Sport? Football
  • Favorite thing to do? Josie
  • Boxers or briefs? Boxers 
  • Something and/or someone you can’t life with out? I can’t live with Josie, she’s the air I breathe.

Can you tell us five adjectives to describe your music?

Gritty, loud, soft, surprising, comfortable


During a tour there’s always some crazy fan doing crazy stuff after seeing her or his idol. What would you say it was the most weird and awkward crazy-fan-moment?

Underwear being tossed on stage is definitely crazy. You have so many thoughts running through your head when they land at your feet. You learn to ignore and hope security or a stage manager has seen it so they can grab rubber gloves and discard of them. People should know, we don’t keep them, we don’t even see them when we leave stage.


Any particular flattery words your fans have to shout at you to win a “Liam Page smile”? And, for a date?

Oh I’ve heard that I’m sexy and that I’m loved, but I’ve never dated a fan.


I bet it was difficult to be so many years apart from Josie. How did you feel when you first saw her?

Watching her from a distance is nothing compared to being a room with her. For me, I had said I’d only be gone a year. I’d go home, make amends and move on. The next thing I know, it’s two, five and ten years and it all feels like it was yesterday that I left her. When I went home I never had any intention of talking to her. It had been too long and I didn’t want to interrupt her life, but when you see your son staring at you in the bathroom, your plan changes its course. When I walked into her flower shop after meeting Noah, every feeling I had hidden came rushing to the surface and it was like the last ten years hadn’t happened, except they did and she let me know it.


And how did you feel when you knew that Noah was your son and that Josie was with Nick?

Angry and hurt, but mostly sad because I missed so much because of my actions. Had I returned a phone call I would’ve known everything, but I was being stubborn.


Noah’s the cutest boy we have ever read about. What would you say is the best thing about him?

Even though he’s my son I feel like I’m just getting to know him. I missed so much that I don’t really know what makes him so unique. Each day I’m learning something new or discovering that he likes toasted peanut butter and jelly, but the best thing about him is how he knew I was his dad and opened his arms to let me in. He doesn’t hate me or his mom for everything that happened. Josie’s an amazing mom and did a wonderful raising him. Nick, too.


Have you witnessed any shocking tantrums, yet?

Just from Peyton.


Do you have any idea what your boy would choose to be in the future?

No idea, but whatever it is, I’ll support him. If there’s one thing I learned, it’s to be nothing like my father. If Noah wants to be an actor, musician or a street performer my door is always open.


Would you change anything from the past if you could?

Honestly, no. I feel that everything had to happen for me to be where I’m at today.


What was the best and the worst thing to come back to Beaumont after 10 years?

The best would be Josie and finding out about Noah. The worst is coming back and not being able to make amends with Mason.


Can you tell us something we don’t know about you?

I used to smoke, but don’t anymore.


Heidi is the author of USA Today, Digital Book World, Amazon and Barnes & Noble Bestselling novel, Forever My Girl

Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband and two daughters. Also renting space in their home is an over-hyper Beagle/Jack Russell and two Parakeets.

During the day Heidi is behind a desk talking about Land Use. At night, she's writing one of the many stories planned for release or sitting court-side during either daughter's basketball games.



Check out our other Blogoversary posts to win lots of prizes:






No comments:

Post a Comment