Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Release Day Blitz: Forget You (A Coldcreek Novel #4) by Jennifer Snyder


Genre: New Adult, Contemporary
Release Date: September 2nd 2014
 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png photo B6096376-6C81-4465-8935-CE890C777EB9-1855-000001A1E900B890_zps5affbed6.jpg

Synopsis:

Fourth novel in the Coldcreek Companion Series.Can be read as a standalone.

Eva Bennett might be known for her candid approach and sharp tongue, but on the inside she’s still a vulnerable twenty-four year old who’s sick of kissing toads and being habitually single.

Full of comical one-liners and wielding a charming smile, Sawyer Keeton is more than meets the eye. After the news of his brother’s tragic death, however, Sawyer is pulled into a place filled with crippling emotions and pain—a place no one can seem to reach him…until the moment Eva steps into his life.

A twist of fate will bring them together and then tear them apart, forcing the two to learn there are people in life whom you cherish and pray will never forget you.





FORGET YOU
by Jennifer Snyder

“Hey there, pretty eyes.” The voice slipped over me in a silky way, and I instantly spun to see who was behind me. I hoped that it was someone sent directly from the love gods.
Looking up, I locked eyes with Soldier Boy from the park. “Son of a bitch.”
Really, love gods? Really?
Soldier Boy’s lips twisted into an incredibly sexy smile at my outburst. “You know, my mother never saw the irony in calling me that.”
I laughed. A look of complete shock plastered on Soldier Boy’s face at the sound. Why the hell was I laughing at him? Laughing at something he’d said constituted as flirting in the guy code dictionary.
“Pretty funny, Soldier Boy,” I commended him. Maybe he would leave it at that, and not consider my laugh as an invitation to inflate his ego and flirt relentlessly with me for the remainder of the night.
He cocked his head to the side. “You liked that, huh?”
And there it was, the cockiness I’d been waiting on. Love gods, you suck tonight.
“And that was the only thing I liked.” I moved past him, hoping he’d take the hint. “Excuse me. I need a refill.”
I didn’t have to look behind me to see if he’d followed. I could feel that he had. It was as though he had this massive presence mine enjoyed latching onto, that it desired to be fused with, because I could feel him all around me.
“What’s your name?” he asked. He was closer than I thought, his breath practically brushed against my ear when he spoke.
I pretended not to hear him. It may have been a simple question, but I still didn’t care to answer. He didn’t need to know my name, because I wasn’t interested. Once I reached the kitchen counter, I picked up the ladle lying beside a large bowl, and dipped it in for another glass of sangria.
“Not going to tell me your name?” He leaned against the counter, and grazed his eyes over every inch of my face. I could feel the burning trail his stare left in its wake.
When I still didn’t answer—this time because I was dumbfounded at how much power this guy suddenly had over me—he reached out and touched the small of my back. I knew this move; it was so he could better gain my attention. What he didn’t know, though, was that he already had my attention even without the deliberate placement of his hand. Every inch of my skin blazed to life from his touch. If he could make me feel this way from the smallest of contact, I wondered what else he could do for me tonight. Maybe the love gods weren’t being cruel; maybe they were showing me mercy in the form of a seriously sexy soldier boy.
“Eva,” I answered. Gaining control over my hand again, I finished pouring myself that second drink I so desperately needed.
“Eva? Like from the Disney movie Wall-E?”

And the moment was over. He’d opened his mouth, and crushed it to smithereens.



1) The Coldcreek Companion Series was supposed to end with Lauren’s story (Wreck You), which would have been a total of three full-length novels, when I started planning out the series. However, once I met Eva in Control You (Coldcreek Book 2) I knew she deserved her own story.

2) Eva grew up in foster care which left her with many issues as an adult, but also pushed her in the direction to become a Social Worker. This is what she’s going to college for.

3) While each novel in the Coldcreek Companion Series touches on some fairly heavy emotions—some more tragic than others—I feel as though Forget You is the most emotional out of the four. 

4) Sawyer Keeton is Eva’s love interest in Forget You. While being one of the funniest guys I’ve ever had the pleasure of writing, he was also an active member in the National Guard which was something I knew nothing about.

5) While writing Forget You I was lucky enough to score an interview with a local active member of the National Guard. In the interview I asked everything I could think of…Including what he missed most while in basic training. His answer was (not surprisingly) privacy.

6) When I was writing the bonus short story (Forgive You) found at the end of Forget You, I cried throughout typing the final page. Also, the bonus short was a complete afterthought, something I hadn’t intended to write, but felt readers would enjoy for more closure.


Jennifer Snyder lives in North Carolina were she spends most of her time writing New Adult and Young Adult Fiction, reading, and struggling to stay on top of housework. She is a tea lover with an obsession for Post-it notes and smooth writing pens. Jennifer lives with her husband and two children, who endure listening to songs that spur inspiration on repeat and tolerate her love for all paranormal, teenage-targeted TV shows.



Head over the Jennifer Snyder's Facebook page to enter her Swag Pack Giveaway!


 photo AToMR-PRomotions-smaller-web_zps38ffe9e0.jpg



No comments:

Post a Comment