Monday, November 11, 2013

Matchplay Series by Dakota Madison


Matchplay (Matchplay #1)
212 pages
Publisher: Short on Time Books
Release Date: March 17th, 2013
Rate: Loved it
Matchplay is a story about college, what you can find there and how your life can change forever. I really liked this book, not only because it reminded my a little bit of Greek, the TV Show, which I loved it, but because Rainy Dey has a unique story and when she crosses paths with Aaron Donavan, he's a goner even though he didn't know.
With parties, classes, a bet, a college bar and lot of students, Dakota Madison creates this well-plotted story in a campus so vivid, that you feel like you are there, with the characters.
What I also liked was the fact that Rainy and Aaron were doomed. Or so they kept hearing. He's richer than Rainy, with a wealthy family that has already searched a future, wealthy wife for him, full of prejudices and only capable of thinking about themselves. 
The tournament was something that had to be part of the story, though I was expecting more trouble because of that. Despite this, it was totally worth it reading about it and I knew who the winner would be. 
And I loved, after so many challenges, how this couple ended up together. It's not easy believing that a boy like Aaron, a player, can be sincere with his feelings. 
What made our day was that Aaron called Rainy Sunshine? Made me totally smile. I couldn't help it. He's a natural player and I like how he acted around Rainy. 
Rainy, on the other hand, was a character a little bit strange. I said strange because of my mixed feelings. I mean, I like her, she's not bad, but she cried a lot. She needed to stand up and say what she wanted from Aaron. 
I highly recommend this book to all of you, Book Addicts.




Fair Play (Matchplay #2)
229 pages
Publisher: Short on Time Books
Release Date: July 22nd, 2013
Rate: Loved it

The second book in the Matchplay series, Final Play, is about Keira Whitley, the witch who was supposed to marry Aaron, thanks to Aaron's parents, and who's still trying to win him back.
It was difficult for me to be open-minded with this character, since I didn't like her in the first book when she tries to make Rainy and Aaron break up. And in this book she is still trying.
It's also true that she's highly influenced by her mother, who you realize that is the real witch here. She doesn't act like a real mother for Keira and I think she's the reason of her witchy behavior with everyone around her.
Imagine my shock when I read Evan has it for Keira! He's nothing like in the first book. From Rainy's point of view, he was a total moron. And in this book we see a total different Evan. Who knew, that he wanted to be Rainy's boyfriend instead of Aaron, and that he was a sweet, vulnerable and totally lovable guy.
I like Dakota Madison's book, because though it's Keira's story, the author didn't forget our beloved characters from the first book. We get to read more about Rainy and Aaron after their relationship ended up like a fairy tale and know that they have a real relationship.
The main character in this story, Keira, starts as the mean person we knew in Matchplay, and ends up totally different (not going to tell you!) and worth reading about her. I liked her final decisions and I think she deserved everything. After all, everyone deserves a happy ending, right?
Don't miss Keira and Evan's story and love them as much as we do. And also get to know what happened to Aaron and Rainy!



Final Play (Matchplay #3)
224 pages
Publisher: Short on Time Books
Release Date: August 2013
Rate: Enjoyed it+
In general, the Matchplay series are three wonderful books full of romance and all deserve to be read, but I would say that this was a different story.
What I mean is that I really like Lucas, he's a nice boy, was too nice, and I was expecting this third story to be about another bad boy like Aaron and Evan. However, you can't not love him. He's the definition of a good, nice boy. The type of boy is hard to find. And Evan's sister, Ella, is the lucky woman that has him, entirely from the first moment, in Rainy's weeding. 
Again, without missing the old characters from the other two books, Dakota Madison creates yet another romantic and unforgettable story from a boy's point of view, Lucas, and makes you believe that you are actually in that boy's mind. 
What makes this story different from the other two books is Ella's mental illness. This particular illness is now well-known, since it has appeared in some TV shows like 90210. But Madison has the ability to show us how this is not an issue, that even though everyone tries to warn Lucas about this, with time and love this can be managed, and that it's nothing to be ashamed of or a thing to avoid a relationship with that person.
With characters that grow not only physically, but mentally with time, and that are more mature now, we get to read about this wonderful story.
Definitely the Matchplay series are three books I highly recommend to all of you, Book Addicts!






Aimee Teergarden as Rainy
Toby Regbo as Aaron
Caitlin Stasey as Keira
Matt Lanter as Evan
Stefanie Scott as Ella
Adam Brody as Lucas

What do you think, Book Addicts?

 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png

 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png

 photo addtogoodreadssmall_zpsa2a6cf28.png



Romance novelist, Dakota Madison, has been writing since she learned to read and fell in love with books. When she's not at her computer creating spicy stories, Dakota is traveling to exotic locales or spending time with her husband and their bloodhounds.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for reviewing my work and hosting me on your website! I appreciate it!
    Dakota Madison

    ReplyDelete